So many books to read, so little time

I have a book buying problem. It doesn’t matter that I may have 10 paperbacks, 2 hardbacks and approximately 55 ebooks lined up on my Kindle to get through, I keep buying. Since I have nothing much to say right now, I thought I’d draft this short post and show off the pretty covers of my recent book purchases.

city of

Read it over 2 days, only stopping to make myself a cup of tea or grunt at someone in my family who dared speak to me that weekend. Cried my eyes out. Epic series.

by

I’m actually reading By Midnight at the moment. The beautiful hardback drew me in, and for €5 in a secondhand bookshop I couldn’t resist.

solsticeMae, I’m so sorry. I snapped this up immediately when it went on release. My excuse is I’m saving it for a gorgeous, sunny day, ’cause it looks like that kind of read.

annaI saw this on every second book blog last year and spotted it in my go-to secondhand bookshop. Here’s hoping I get to Anna Dressed in Blood by Halloween.

zI enjoyed the film, so thought I’d give the book a go.

iThanks to Becky, I took a chance on I Heart New York last year. How could I resist the sequel with this fun, pretty pink cover.

Β ada

My friend Jen recently released this New Adult story. Can’t wait to dive in.

***

What books have all you literature lovers splurged on recently?

***

Advertisements

About Emma

Buffy fan, avid reader, writer.
This entry was posted in Various. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to So many books to read, so little time

1. I love the diversity of genres! Oh man, I’m a book buying junkie, too. I have way too many on my TBR pile and must, simply must make time to read them. I actually get twitchy if I’m not reading something fun, but I do tend to get obsessive and like you, can’t stop until it’s done. So there’s that. Life won’t let me get crazy over a book right now, but you’ve spurred me to revisit that topple-worthy TBR pile. At the very least, I need to finish my book club pick: Code Name Verity. Yikes! Better get on that…

• Emma says:

Us book buying junkies must stick together. Took a look at Code Name Verity on Goodreads. It sounds like a good pick. Enjoy, Tameri

2. Mae Clair says:

I’m exactly like you, Emma. Constantly snatching up more books even though the TBR has no end in sight. As soon as I fine one, I start another, no wait in between and the TBR is still mammoth! I have yet to get to City of Heavenly Fire but it’s a must-read for me. Right now I’m wrapped up in the Stone Series by Mariam Kobras. I actually had to put that on hold to read my own next release, ECLIPSE LAKE on Kindle to make sure I have the mobi formatting correct. Halfway through that then back to my TBR.

And yes, SOLSTICE ISLAND is a breezy read for a warm summer day.I hope you enjoy it! πŸ™‚

• Emma says:

I’m saving Solstice Island for my holiday in July.
      I’ve made peace with the fact my TBR pile is always going to be haphazardly high. Enjoy the Stone series.
      I get so fed up of having to read and proof my books to make sure Kindle and epub formats are correct. Arrg. Good luck with Eclipse Lake. You’re on a roll this year, Mae.

• Mae Clair says:

I’m going on vacation in July too and can’t wait. Enjoy your holiday.

I still have to attempt an ePub upload and I want to do Create Space too. I wish I had more time to learn this stuff!

3. Jo-Ann Carson says:

Love the covers. I can see why you couldn’t resist them.
    But what a lovely vice you have.
    Cheers
    Jo-Ann

4. Isn’t that the truth? My kids say I could open up a library. Lol.

• Emma says:

I’d love to have the space to turn one room into my mini library. Fingers crossed I win the lottery someday and can turn that dream into a reality. πŸ™‚

5. laurajc83 says:

I didn’t know there was a sequel to ‘I heart New York’. I read that and thought it was brill! Must read ‘I heart Hollywood now’! πŸ™‚ I am a total sucker for book covers, they just pull me in and 9 times out of ten, I’ll buy it. I have lots of books to read, all chick-lit types πŸ˜€ I like the ‘By Midnight’ cover though, looks like it would be an interesting read. And of course I have to give your book an honorary mention, just finished ‘Beneath Manhattan Skies’ – a truly thrilling read! (love the cover of that too) πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ 5 stars*****!

• beckyday6 says:

There’s actually quite a few books in the series and so much fun to be had. There I Heart: New York, Hollywood, Paris, Vegas, London and then a Christmas edition too. πŸ™‚ Hope that helps!

• Emma says:

You can have my copy when I finish, Laura. I know, show me a pretty cover and I’ll hand over my money.
      Aw, thanks Laura.

6. sherry fundin says:

I cannot resist books, no matter what form they come in. I will most likely never read all I have on my Kindle, but will keep collecting them anyway. As far as the physical books, I will always read those. Happy reading!

sherry @ fundinmental

• Emma says:

I doubt I’ll get to every book on my Kindle either. I still prefer physical books to ebooks. Paperbacks look nice on shelves. Thanks, Sherry.

7. fuonlyknew says:

Guilty as charged. I’m the same way. You’ll love Anna Dressed In Blood. I sure did. Read on Emma!

8. rlsharpe says:

I have a book buying problem too! I just put myself on a self imposed book buying ban until August in hopes to put a dint in my to-read pile. I hope I make it. And how good was City Of Heavenly Fire! Can’t wait to read more of Emma’s story.

9. setinmotion says:

Oohh you can’t have too many books! In saying that, I try to buy one book at a time and then get through it – otherwise I think i’d go mad and blow a couple of hundred dollars in one go! At least you don’t have to worry about having nothing to read?

10. A bookstore in town went out of business and was selling everything from 40 to 60 % off. I spent 150.00 on all kinds of books. Needless to say, my TBR pile is almost a bookcase unto itself. I see lots of sunny mornings at the beach reading in my future.

11. beckyday6 says:

So much pretty, Emma, SO MUCH PRETTY. So glad to see you will be continuing with the I Heart series. I think I Heart Paris is my favourite so far. I’m hoping to pick up more of that series this summer. πŸ™‚

I will be interested to see what you think of World War Z, I thought the film was great as well but have heard mixed things about the book.

• Emma says:

Ha ha, yes lots of pretty book artwork. I’m reading I Heart Hollywood at the moment. A lovely light read, perfect for chilling in the back garden on a sunny day. Thanks for bringing those books to my attention, Becky.
      I might bring World War Z with me on holidays.

12. Hi Emma, I saw you on Mae Clair’s site and liked your supernatural interests– so I came to look at your site. I write paranormal dark fantasy romance for Secret Cravings Publishing. Glad to get to know you. I see you have wordpress. Do you still have the wordpress.com or have you moved it over to a hosted service? I wondered because I have the dot com version and am considering moving to the hosted version, where apparently you have more control. http://flossiebentonrogers.com

13. Jessica @ Rabid Reads says:

ZOMG I just went on a bookoutlet.com buying binge a few days ago, and I got: Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente, Delia’s Shadow by Jamie Lee Moyer, Eyes to See by Joseph Nassise, Between Two Fires by Christopher Buehlman, and about 10 others. PS–I hope you love Anna Dressed in Blood as much as I did πŸ˜‰

14. debsmerry says:

Emma, we are coming out of the woodwork! The inability to pass a bookstore whether it be a second hand version to a kindle of T.B.R. I dare not count at my boxes all I know is that the top box is the latest. We seem to be a secret disease, my only wish is that no more bookshops close up and fade away…